Monday 6 April 2015

Potential! - 5/4/15

This weekend I worked on quite a few things as well as working on Saturday and Friday. I was also really strapped for time due to some personal reasons that I won't go in to, but I feel I did a lot work this weekend regardless and for that I am proud of myself.

Firstly I went ahead and got temporary sounds for the game just in case our audio dudes for some reason are unable deliver. I have sounds for many different chirps, a few enemies and a few bits and bobs also. Definitely enough to work with if things don't go to plan.

I also worked more on 3DS Max and I created a very simple door for my game. Actually, it's more of a cube and circle, but I made it in 3DS Max and I watched a little bit of a tutorial. Either way, here's a picture of the door in-game.


It didn't need to be anything special due to the style of graphics we're going for. (Geometry and very simple.) I feel it gets the job done. I, at least, can tell that that is indeed a door with a shadow behind it.

I also started putting the actual level together rather than just using the greybox we were originally using. (As beautiful as it was.) This weekend I just focused on setting out the layout of the town. Obviously it will be more appealing when it is finished, for now it's just mainly about getting everything in the places they need to be so that I can go in and replace and update each piece/area as more content is delivered. Ideally, this will be completed by the beginning of next week but worst-case scenario as our gantt chart suggests should be the end of next week.



Other than that, I really didn't have much time to do anything else this weekend, didn't even have an opportunity to play any games aside from 1 or 2 tetris games. You know when someone says that they had a sad, frantic weekend.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment